Welcome to Oceanic
The Oceanic is rooted in the history of Wrightsville Beach and has been a thriving destination for vacationers for over 80 years. We have become a landmark in Wrightsville Beach and a special place for celebrations or drinks on this incredibly special beach.
Our Pastry Chef must be well-versed in the culinary arts and adhere to strict standards of hygiene and cleanliness. You should be passionate about baking and be inspired to create masterpieces that go beyond our guests’ expectations.
Benefits You Will Enjoy
- Competitive Salary
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company contribution up to 4%
- Paid time off and flexible schedules
- Generous employee dining discounts
- Lucrative referral bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Create pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
- Operate and manage the pastry section of the kitchen and liaise with the executive and sous chefs to ensure a successful working environment.
- Knowledge of baking ingredients and how they can be used in creative ways.
- Assist in developing seasonal recipes and menus to keep up with the latest trends.
- Ensure the bakery section of the kitchen adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Prepare a variety of baked goods.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned or requested.
- Maintain a positive, energetic, fun attitude toward guests and team members.
- Model Carolina Hospitality.
- Model company values of Compassion, Integrity, Enthusiasm, Quality, Creative Thinking.
Apply today. Join us and be a part of making a difference – a dedication to taking care of our communities.